Thursday 11 October 2012

Project Three: Practice Renders


Below are some some practice renders that I have done, experimenting with different materials, lighting and compositions. I have tried to experiment with the idea of placing my models in an under the water  environment/ beachy setting. This is to show a relationship with my original precedents. 


One:


For this render I have just tried to explore a possible composition. I like the idea of sclaling my models so that it shows perspective and looks like they are lined up behind each other.


Two:


In the above render I have explored another possible composition. I like this composition as it suggest movement and with the right background/ lighting I think it has the potential to tell an interesting story. I prefer this composition over the one above. 


Three:


I found this real cool material called wire. I think it looks quite effective and just opens up new possibilities to my work. i like the idea of incorporating this and telling a story about being captured. For example set creature captured in a net or something different all together revealing the skeletal structure of a sea creature.


Four:


For this render I have focused on placing my model back into an under the sea enviroment as I think my models really look like they belong in such an enviroment. I have made my own background in photoshop and then merge my models with the background. Somethin I will need to work on is making my model look less sketch like and more 3d. I think  it could look very effective if I had some of my models cropped so that it looked like they were swimming under the sea.


Five:


This render was abit of a fail. I applied a material tha was an image of scales. However it said the render was finished yet turned out like it hadn't. I think I will try and re do this render again and see if I have anymore luck with it.


Six:


In this image I have used the wire material again. When I tried to render it I found that it didn't render like what the model appeared to look like on the screen. I really like the wire material and with the lighting that I applied i think it looks quite effective especially with the use of the blue light. I am just not to sure how to make the render come out nice and show what I can see on the program. Working progress I guess.


Seven:


This is a render of my final model using the wire and lighting. I like it how it looks like it glowing which is something unique abut sea creatures under the water. I am just not sure if it will look as good with three models looking like this

No comments:

Post a Comment