Wednesday 25 September 2013

Project One: Final


The material I chose to explore and use for my final hand-in was plastic. I used glad wrap as my form of plastic. I found plastic a very rewarding material to use. I like the way you could create textures with it and deform as well as create interesting compositions with it. 


Surface One:


For this surface I have tried to show a contrast between the exterior and interior of the glad wrap. It os not what you would expect but when rolling it into a ball and then cutting in half the glad wrap is quite spongey in the interior and the food colouring makes it look quite frosty.


Surface Two:


For this surface I explored the property that allows the plastic to stretch. I really like this photo because it looks like ripples which is a really illusion of what it actually is. 


Surface Three:


Here I have used the technique of moulding the plastic using my hands. I created multiple 'bumps' and arranged them in a grid layout. When taking the photo I wanted to create a illusion of a landscape. I think that this looks like a mountain landscape. 




No comments:

Post a Comment