Wednesday 25 September 2013

Project Three: Input Final



For project Three I was responsible for making the input which would control the switch That Holly Designed. Holly and I worked together to create something that would only work if you used our two components. Our overall idea was to have something that released tiny bits of metal which would touch the wiring of LED lights and switch them on. 


Input:



For  the input I created a tube made out of clear plastic which I vacuumed formed over a glass bottle. I then filled this with tiny metal shavings. I used a cork to control when I did and didn't want the shavings  to come out. 

Holly's component was a plastic vacuum formed cup which had LED lights on the outside with the wiring in the inside. The LED lights where placed in layers so the fuller the cup got with metal shavings the more layers of LED lights that turned on.

No comments:

Post a Comment