Thursday 29 March 2012

Individual Work




Precedent image

 I have chosen to use the artist Johannes Itten’s in this last work because when I look at his designs I automatically feel engaged with it. The use of bright colours grabs my attention. I find it interesting how he has used geometric shapes and overlapped segments of them using colour. The way he has used colour appeals to me. I like how the colours are contrasting and create various shades as well as a sort of overlay in parts of the image. The composition and layout of the work fascinates me because when you look at it, it looks quite structured and thought out but at the same time random. 

  


Final image

In this design I have used the same composition and layout as my precedent image and have chosen to combine it with hatching. I previously did this design and where their is white block colour I had bright colours similar to my artist model but to me it didn't look as successful. 





No comments:

Post a Comment