Sunday 29 July 2012

Project One: Testing My Object



In todays studio I brought along a really quickly made version of my interactive object so that it could be tested by the others in the group. My object is a game of snap but instead of numbers and picture cards I used words. The purpose of this game is to see if perception of colour has any influence in the result of the game or not. The rules are you snap if you get two cards that have the same word written on it. The colour of the words are irrelevant but are meant to confuse the players. Everyone seemed to enjoy the game who played it. Some of the feedback that I got from those who played it were have less variety of colours, so that you have to snap more or just make more cards so that there is a higher chance of a snap. Also someone suggested that I include shapes to add a new level. After receiving this feedback I have had a re think and have decided to change the game slightly. Instead of having different colour words written I will use shapes. So when you get two shapes that are the same it will be a snap. The colour of the shape will still be irrelevant though. This will make the game harder as there isn't anything written which you can straight away focus on instead there is just a shape and for some people the colour of it might be the first thing they see. Another thing which I am considering is adding in some extra rules just to make it more challenging. One rule which I have thought off adding in is if someone snaps and it wasn't actually a snap they then have to give the other player 10 of their cards or the remaining of their cards if they they do not have 10. Another rule which I  thought of instead of the previous one is the same thing but instead of giving the other player 10 cards the other player gets whatever cards are in the middle. Something which I would like to test is having the shapes but on some cards having them coloured in and others just an outline of a shape. This would mean to get a snap you would have to get for example two cards that have an outline of a square or two cards that are of a coloured in circle. I think this could potentially make it harder. I am not to sure what I  am going to make the cards out of yet and how many of each shape I will do. I think I will do double of a normal pack of cards or just half the amount of shapes which I use. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Really liked the test today, you seem to have really explored your field rather well. I'm interested to see where this shapes and outlines idea goes, possibly a chance to bring another experiment in on friday?

    I like these rules coming out. probably better is the second one where if it's a false snap the other person gets the cards. When you make your 'rule page' however remember to make it really simple and really easy to interpret, pretty pictures and diagrams are always good.

    nice work so far though

    ReplyDelete