Thursday 2 August 2012

Project One: Test Two Reflection



For today's studio I brought along another version of my interactive object to be tested. This time the game included the changes I had come up with from reviewing the last test that I did. Some of the changes are the amount of cards I have for one shape has increased. I have also increased the amount of options that you could get. Instead of using words I am now using shapes and you have to snap according to the shape and how it is drawn. For example a snap would be two cards showing the same shape drawn showing just an outline or two cards showing the same shape drawn with the shape coloured in. A few people in the group gave the game ago. Their comments were that they preferred this version of the game and it was much better having more cards. The game was also harder with the shapes rather than words and it made them have to focus more. I noticed when watching them play that they went to snap a lot more often and would snap when it wasn't one. I have added in a new rule where if you snap incorrectly the other player gets the cards in the middle. This rule helps keep the game going and makes sure that the game doesn't go on forever. Overall I think this version is far better and achieves the idea of colour perception and even shape perception. Something I would like to work on for the final is what shapes I choose to use. Something that someone said while playing was that they found that they keep confusing the triangles with diamonds and would always think it was a snap.  This made me come up with an idea and I think I will pick quite similar shapes for example triangles and diamonds, circles and ovals, squares and rectangles just to make it more challenging as well as forcing the players to really concentrate and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment