Friday 3 August 2012

Project One: Story Board Ideas



For my storyboard I have come up with the idea of using a deck of cards as my storyboard. I will cover the fronts of them with white paper but keep the pattern on the back of them the same. When I present my storyboard I will present it in a card box and then deal the cards out in 3 rows of 9. On each row three images will be displayed explaining the story behind my interactive object. Since we are not aloud to take photos and use them in our story board I have decided to take a slightly different approach and still take photos but edit them in photoshop to create a completely different look. When taking the photos I am going to use the most recent version of my object which is only in paper form and not looking anything like what I want it to look like for the final as this still shows the development stages of my interactive object and that I am aware that this is just an explanation of what I have so far. 


I have done some experimenting on just some random photos of different filters which I would quite like to use for the photos that I am going to edit to display on the cards.  Here is what I have tested out so far.



The first idea that I had was using a filter like mosaic on the photo and then either using the paintbrush in photoshop or a normal pen to draw over top of the image. I thought having some parts completely colour blocked could look effective but then I also like the idea of doodling on top, some key points that support what I am trying to say in that one shot. 


The second idea was using the cut out tool to create the classic pop art look. I personally love this kind of design. I have inserted a bright coloured background to add to the look but I also thought that this was kind of relevant since I am working with the idea of colour perception. 


For this last one I have experimented with the stained glass window filter. I was thinking of using this as a background too for which i could then draw on top of but I am not so sure about it. 

I really like the first to ideas but I am just not so sure how effective they will look with images that aren't solely of people. I am going to try both and then see which I think looks best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment