Friday 20 July 2012

Project One: Sketches

Insanity, Shock and Asymmetrical...

Below are some sketches of the words I have chosen. When drawing the sketches I have tried to show what I think each word means as well as capturing the essence of the word. I have also used some of my precedents as a tool for helping me sketch the words. I am still not completely sure how I am going to incorporate these ideas into a 3d model but after trying some more ideas out in Solid Works I would like to re sketch my words with more of a direction of the sketch becoming 3d. 





In these sketches I have used my precedents to explore the word shock. I think the sharp lines and interlocking is a key component when capturing the essence of this word. 



In these drawings I have began sketching the word asymmetrical in the top right and the other two are sketches of the word insanity. In the sketch of asymmetrical this is a representation of what I think the word looks like when I first think of it. The drawings of insanity are suppose to show the movement and lack of direction that the mind has when someone is insane. 


These sketches are exploring the word insanity as well. I have tried to incorporate the idea of asymmetrical into the drawing as well by having either side of the center point uneven. The drawing on the right is what I see insanity to be. The lines representing thoughts, movements and speech. All three of  these things hitting and clashing with each other creating the idea of madness and lack of control. Key  qualities of the word insanity .


In this last lot of sketches I have done drawings for the words insanity and asymmetrical. The top drawing is of the word insanity. I have tried to capture the essence of this word from a different perspective by using letters all jumbled up to express the concept of  overload in a person mind and not being able to control it causing them to eventually become insane. The bottom sketch is just a simple drawing of a form that holds the attributes of something being asymmetrical. 


1 comment:

  1. So, I've a fairly good knowledge of ProEngineer, but my university just switched to SolidWorks. What's a good instructional book that'll take me from a new user to an advanced user?. solidworks course

    ReplyDelete