Friday 20 July 2012

Project One: Coding Practice in Processing

In todays lecture we began to learn the basics of coding and how to use it in the program Processing to create basic forms. We learnt the correct way to enter the code and what variables are. I found the jargon simple enough to follow. I just need more practice. 

We had to draw a form at the beginning of the lesson and write a set of instructions to go with it. After being shown the basics in the program we got to try and make our form. Below is my form and set of instructions, along with the shapes I made in the program.


Code and result of the practice we did with the tutor:


We learnt how to draw a square and other line coming from it. Squares are quite simple to form once you understand how the variables work and what the different points indicate. I found it easier to draw a visual digram of the points and values so that I could follow that when working out the code.


My form and set of instruction:


After doing the practice with the Tutor I felt my form that I designed was abit to complicated for someone who was still learning but I gave it a shot anyway and just focused on learning how to draw  triangles in code.


My attempt of creating my form I designed:

This was not easy and I didn't manage to get much of my form created but I learnt a lot. Once the tutor explained to me how the code worked for the triangle I did that easily enough but when it came to the second triangle wanting to be joined to the first I wasn't sure what to do. I spent a lot of time with the tutors trying to resolve it and eventually we figured out how I would have to do it. I ran out of time to try it but I will try and finish it before next time.

Overall even though I don't have much to show I feel like I can do the basics and have a better understanding of code than what I did. Im really excited about getting better and making some really pretty moving pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment