Monday 16 July 2012

Project One: Practicing Basic Code Principals

In todays Studio we were given the task of picking an object from our bags and then writing a set of instructions which others in our group would read and follow to draw that object. 

The object I chose was Lucas Pawpaw Ointment. The group did pretty well at drawing what I had written in the instructions. The reason why the drawings did not exactly look like the actual object is because my instructions weren't exact enough and did not represent the object enough. If I was to do it again I would break the object down into parts and have seperate set of instructions. Firstly beginning with a set of instructions that outlines the basic shape and then a new set of instructions which covers the details more and instructions to remove existing parts creating the actual shape you are wanting. For example instructions for drawing a cylinder and then a new set of instructions telling you to alter pieces to create curves in the sides of the cylinder. Overall I have learnt that it is important to start off with basic shapes and then give instructions which allows the person to alter the drawing. This gives a clearer and more exact process for someone to follow. 


My chosen object
The result 


No comments:

Post a Comment