Thursday 26 July 2012

Project One: Narrative

Insanity, Shock and Asymmetrical

For this project I am working with the three words insanity, shock and asymmetrical. I want to capture the essence of each of these words by focusing on what they mean to me and the connection they have between one another. Through each iteration that I show I want the model to reflect the idea of a person going insane and create a visual image of what the mind may look like when they are at this stage. I want to show this by having intersecting curves and lines. When I think of the three words together I can imagine lots of intersecting curves that have been manipulated with parts making a sphere shape to show the core of the mind that is in a tangle while being confused resulting to madness. To incorporate the other words with this idea I think sharp ends and the odd plane that curves out would be appropriate to emphasis the movement and image of the word shock. When I think of the word asymmetrical I automatically think triangles. For this project I would like to incorporate this into my model and have parts of it consisting of triangles. I don't think this should be the defining feature of the model but I do think it would add to the overall aesthetic while at the same time reflecting the word asymmetrical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment